- White House announces ‘potential agreement’ on infrastructure talks June 24, 2021Bipartisan proposal exceeding $1tn would fall short of president Joe Biden’s original proposal
- Chinese port company warns Australian review raises sovereign risk June 24, 2021Landbridge says investors will be scared off but hawks warn foreign control in Darwin is dangerous
- Coking coal defies China bid to keep control of commodity costs June 24, 2021Ban on Australian imports and fall in domestic production lead to price surge for steel mills
- White House announces ‘potential agreement’ on infrastructure talks June 24, 2021
- Big Win for Property Rights June 23, 2021The Supreme Court puts significant limits on the government’s claims on the rights of owners.
- Surprise: Education Wins in Newark June 23, 2021The New Jersey Supreme Court upholds charter expansions.
- Gensler Blesses the Proxy Duopoly June 23, 2021The SEC Chair won’t enforce a rule to disclose the conflicts of interest of proxy advisory firms.
- Big Win for Property Rights June 23, 2021
Monthly Archives: June 2013
“People want to know that regulators are looking out for the American public, not the banks,” Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D. Mass asserted at the Senate Banking subcommittee hearing on April 11, 2013. The agenda was to review banks’ use of … Continue reading
Around 11:45 pm, on a Friday night in 2011, Jay Leno gave me a fit of giggles as he mocked Bank of America’s plans to charge consumers a monthly debit card fee of $5, in his classic late night television … Continue reading