- White House announces ‘potential agreement’ on infrastructure talks June 24, 2021Bipartisan proposal exceeding $1tn would fall short of president Joe Biden’s original proposal
- Chinese port company warns Australian review raises sovereign risk June 24, 2021Landbridge says investors will be scared off but hawks warn foreign control in Darwin is dangerous
- Coking coal defies China bid to keep control of commodity costs June 24, 2021Ban on Australian imports and fall in domestic production lead to price surge for steel mills
- White House announces ‘potential agreement’ on infrastructure talks June 24, 2021
- Big Win for Property Rights June 23, 2021The Supreme Court puts significant limits on the government’s claims on the rights of owners.
- Surprise: Education Wins in Newark June 23, 2021The New Jersey Supreme Court upholds charter expansions.
- Gensler Blesses the Proxy Duopoly June 23, 2021The SEC Chair won’t enforce a rule to disclose the conflicts of interest of proxy advisory firms.
- Big Win for Property Rights June 23, 2021
Monthly Archives: October 2014
Amazon is selling products on its Indian website that are sourced by a joint venture with N.R. Narayana Murthy’s Catamaran Ventures, an arrangement that could draw regulatory scrutiny on the world’s largest online retailer.
India’s biggest online retailer, Flipkart, took just 10 hours to hit its target of $100 million in gross merchandise value (GMV), or the value of goods sold, on Monday, when it hosted its Big Billion Day sale. The day saw … Continue reading
Putting its war chest to work now will give Amazon—a latecomer behind Indian rivals such as Flipkart Internet Pvt. and Snapdeal.com, which is backed by eBay Inc. —a chance to leapfrog into the lead. Bezos says Amazon will continue to invest … Continue reading
Modi met Obama at the White House this week and held talks on strengthening the bilateral ties.
Even as the Reserve Bank of India gears up for its monetary policy review, wholesale inflation has eased for the month of August. WPI rose just 3.74% year-on-year, much lower than economists’ predictions.
It’s been a year since Raghuram Rajan took over the reins at the Reserve Bank of India. Under him, the central bank is trying to overhaul the way banks function in the country.
European Union Ambassador to India spoke to Mint about the much delayed free trade agreement.