- Pfizer boosters show 95.6% efficacy against Covid, study finds October 21, 2021Results hailed as ‘important’ but duration of protection still unknown
- Turkish lira tumbles as central bank slashes interest rate October 21, 2021Deep 2 percentage point cut made ‘under orders’, says former economy tsar
- FTX lures blue-chip investors in funding round, valuing crypto group at $25bn October 21, 2021BlackRock, Sequoia and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan took part in $421m deal
- Pfizer boosters show 95.6% efficacy against Covid, study finds October 21, 2021
- The $2 Trillion Is Phony Too October 21, 2021Biden is bowing to the left again by keeping new entitlements and disguising their cost.
- Climate Change Calls for Adaptation, Not Panic October 21, 2021Catastrophic scenarios presuppose people will do nothing to adjust to differences in the weather.
- Democracy Still Lives October 20, 2021The filibuster of the Senate voting bill is a victory for federalism.
- The $2 Trillion Is Phony Too October 21, 2021
Monthly Archives: December 2010
By Karuna Kumar “A global shortage of qualified linguists” was one of the profound concerns expressed at a meeting of 76 international language service providers at the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development in Paris back in June. The same … Continue reading
By Karuna Kumar “There seems to be some confusion about what’s going on here. About 1/5th of Pakistan is now submerged under water and 1/4th of Pakistan is in ruins,” exclaims Omar Salim Khan, an agriculturist in Lahore, Pakistan. The … Continue reading
By Karuna Kumar Fighting with dismal work environments, relocating to new jobs, fearing the axe of job cuts falling down on them, living on a hand-to-mouth existence with meager incomes. No, it isn’t a Stalinistic Gulag. It is just the … Continue reading
By Karuna Kumar The hearts of billions of football fans skipped a beat when Andres Iniesta kicked off the ball in Soccer City, Johannesburg and scored a half volleyed shot from a pass by Cesc Fabregas, defeating The Netherlands 1-0 … Continue reading
By Karuna Kumar It was a peculiar building and in a casual glance, seemed to me, to be under construction. That was my first impression of the Headquarters of Marks & Spencer at North Wharf Road. Inside, it was anything … Continue reading
By Karuna Kumar Charged, enthusiastic and an impassioned globe traveller is how one would probably define Adrian Cropley. From leading IABC Victoria to doing voluntary work to opening a retail store (and eventually a restaurant), Cropley is a man of … Continue reading
Charged, enthusiastic and an impassioned globe traveller is how one would probably define Adrian Cropley. From leading IABC Victoria to doing voluntary work to opening a retail store (and eventually a restaurant), Cropley is a man of diverse ambitions. Having … Continue reading
By Karuna Kumar Driving through the second most populous city in the world, surrounded by over 14 million people, it’s eye-opening to see how daily life moves on in Mumbai – a city that generates the highest GDP among the … Continue reading