- Hong Kong Covid-19 wave traced to socialites’ love of the cha-cha November 28, 2020Rich businesswomen and ‘tai tais’ caught coronavirus at elite dance clubs
- Record-setting bitcoin faces test after volatile week November 27, 2020Investors reel after cryptocurrency sets all-time high before slumping
- ‘Boy, did we screw up’: 12 rules for repentance November 27, 2020In his new book, US billionaire Charles Koch seems remorseful of his hyper-partisanship
- Hong Kong Covid-19 wave traced to socialites’ love of the cha-cha November 28, 2020
- Who Is an American 'Person'? November 27, 2020The Supreme Court considers the Census and undocumented immigrants.
- Home Is No Haven for Iran's Regime November 27, 2020The killing of a top nuclear scientist dramatizes the ayatollahs’ domestic vulnerability.
- Biden, Iran and the Bomb November 27, 2020Will he throw away Trump’s Mideast gains to return to a bad nuclear deal?
- Who Is an American 'Person'? November 27, 2020
Monthly Archives: December 2010
By Karuna Kumar “A global shortage of qualified linguists” was one of the profound concerns expressed at a meeting of 76 international language service providers at the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development in Paris back in June. The same … Continue reading
By Karuna Kumar “There seems to be some confusion about what’s going on here. About 1/5th of Pakistan is now submerged under water and 1/4th of Pakistan is in ruins,” exclaims Omar Salim Khan, an agriculturist in Lahore, Pakistan. The … Continue reading
By Karuna Kumar Fighting with dismal work environments, relocating to new jobs, fearing the axe of job cuts falling down on them, living on a hand-to-mouth existence with meager incomes. No, it isn’t a Stalinistic Gulag. It is just the … Continue reading
By Karuna Kumar The hearts of billions of football fans skipped a beat when Andres Iniesta kicked off the ball in Soccer City, Johannesburg and scored a half volleyed shot from a pass by Cesc Fabregas, defeating The Netherlands 1-0 … Continue reading
By Karuna Kumar It was a peculiar building and in a casual glance, seemed to me, to be under construction. That was my first impression of the Headquarters of Marks & Spencer at North Wharf Road. Inside, it was anything … Continue reading
By Karuna Kumar Charged, enthusiastic and an impassioned globe traveller is how one would probably define Adrian Cropley. From leading IABC Victoria to doing voluntary work to opening a retail store (and eventually a restaurant), Cropley is a man of … Continue reading
Charged, enthusiastic and an impassioned globe traveller is how one would probably define Adrian Cropley. From leading IABC Victoria to doing voluntary work to opening a retail store (and eventually a restaurant), Cropley is a man of diverse ambitions. Having … Continue reading
By Karuna Kumar Driving through the second most populous city in the world, surrounded by over 14 million people, it’s eye-opening to see how daily life moves on in Mumbai – a city that generates the highest GDP among the … Continue reading