- White House announces ‘potential agreement’ on infrastructure talks June 24, 2021Bipartisan proposal exceeding $1tn would fall short of president Joe Biden’s original proposal
- Chinese port company warns Australian review raises sovereign risk June 24, 2021Landbridge says investors will be scared off but hawks warn foreign control in Darwin is dangerous
- Coking coal defies China bid to keep control of commodity costs June 24, 2021Ban on Australian imports and fall in domestic production lead to price surge for steel mills
- White House announces ‘potential agreement’ on infrastructure talks June 24, 2021
- Big Win for Property Rights June 23, 2021The Supreme Court puts significant limits on the government’s claims on the rights of owners.
- Surprise: Education Wins in Newark June 23, 2021The New Jersey Supreme Court upholds charter expansions.
- Gensler Blesses the Proxy Duopoly June 23, 2021The SEC Chair won’t enforce a rule to disclose the conflicts of interest of proxy advisory firms.
- Big Win for Property Rights June 23, 2021
Monthly Archives: December 2010
By Karuna Kumar “A global shortage of qualified linguists” was one of the profound concerns expressed at a meeting of 76 international language service providers at the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development in Paris back in June. The same … Continue reading
By Karuna Kumar “There seems to be some confusion about what’s going on here. About 1/5th of Pakistan is now submerged under water and 1/4th of Pakistan is in ruins,” exclaims Omar Salim Khan, an agriculturist in Lahore, Pakistan. The … Continue reading
By Karuna Kumar Fighting with dismal work environments, relocating to new jobs, fearing the axe of job cuts falling down on them, living on a hand-to-mouth existence with meager incomes. No, it isn’t a Stalinistic Gulag. It is just the … Continue reading
By Karuna Kumar The hearts of billions of football fans skipped a beat when Andres Iniesta kicked off the ball in Soccer City, Johannesburg and scored a half volleyed shot from a pass by Cesc Fabregas, defeating The Netherlands 1-0 … Continue reading
By Karuna Kumar It was a peculiar building and in a casual glance, seemed to me, to be under construction. That was my first impression of the Headquarters of Marks & Spencer at North Wharf Road. Inside, it was anything … Continue reading
By Karuna Kumar Charged, enthusiastic and an impassioned globe traveller is how one would probably define Adrian Cropley. From leading IABC Victoria to doing voluntary work to opening a retail store (and eventually a restaurant), Cropley is a man of … Continue reading
Charged, enthusiastic and an impassioned globe traveller is how one would probably define Adrian Cropley. From leading IABC Victoria to doing voluntary work to opening a retail store (and eventually a restaurant), Cropley is a man of diverse ambitions. Having … Continue reading
By Karuna Kumar Driving through the second most populous city in the world, surrounded by over 14 million people, it’s eye-opening to see how daily life moves on in Mumbai – a city that generates the highest GDP among the … Continue reading